HOURS, etc.

Mississippi's is permanently closed. That chapter has ended.





When we were open, these were our hours.
Monday - Friday 7AM-3:30PM
Sandwiches All the time. Hot Bar available ~ 11:30AM.
Breakfast Ends promptly at 10:30AM (We have to make lunch, you know.)
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays
Catering All the time, but minimums apply.
And of course, you can hire the room and/or us for your private party.
Hot Entrées(Available While They Last or Until 3PM)
Scroll to bottom for prices.


Notice: Although it can be fun and tasty, consuming raw or undercooked meats, poultry, seafood, shellfish or eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cookies


Most of you are familiar with THE chocolate chip cookie, and those of you who are regulars here are familar with OUR chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies, you know, the ones in the cookie jars near the cash register. Some of you come in every day just to get your fix. What you don't know is that we've been making those cookies for over a quarter century. Back in the early 80s when I was looking around for the best cookie recipes and I was overwhelmed with the variety and styles, I finally threw up my hands and called Mum. We haven't looked back. On any given day, we sell anywhere from a few dozen to a thousand cookies! Yippee! It is well known in my family that my mother was not a great cook, but she did teach me the basics and she did a few things very, very well. Chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies were right up there. Sadly, my mother passed away on Sunday. She lived a long and fruitful life, cooked for lots of people, cared most about sharing the love and so today, anyone who asks me can have one of Mum's cookies...for free! Love you Mum. This photo is from 1953! The cookies in it are my mother and my sister, Meg.
jim

No comments:

Prices

Entree with two Side Dishes
$8.38

Entree Only
$6.95

Side Dish
$1.75

Soups

6 oz. $1.90
10 oz. $2.95
16 oz. $3.95
20 oz. $4.95

Pizza When Available
$2.14/Slice